Comment Deadlines Set Regarding Enhanced ACAM Support Proposal Comments due July 18, 2022 Reply Comments due August 1, 2022

The Federal Communications Commission is seeking comment on a proposal submitted by the ACAM Broadband Coalition to create an Enhanced Alternative Connect America Model (“A-CAM”) program. The proposal would require recipients of the Enhanced A-CAM support to deploy at least 100/20 Mbps service to 90% of locations as determined by the broadband mapping Fabric in eligible census blocks, and at least 25/3 Mbps service to the remaining 10% of locations. As part of these heightened obligations, the proposal would increase monthly support for participating carriers to the higher of 80% of the company’s model estimated costs or $300 per location. Pursuant to the proposal, former A-CAM-I and A-CAM-II participants would be eligible for the Enhanced A-CAM support, and the support would apply to locations in census blocks that had previously been excluded from A-CAM-I because of the presence of an unsubsidized competitor providing 10/1 Mbps service.

This proceeding is vital for carriers seeking additional resources to help expand broadband service at faster speeds. We urge all supported carriers to consider this proposal and to participate in the proceeding. The NPRM is available at

Please contact Robin Tuttle at [email protected] or Dee Herman at [email protected] if you have any questions about this rulemaking or would like to file comments.